2552-10-12

2009 Acura RL


Though I'm not really down with Acura's new styling direction, this car was and remains a good driver, one of the more underrated cars in the midsize luxury class, I'd argue.
The V6 is smooth like a Honda, and 300 hp is a good number for this car. The interior is well built, the seats are among the best in the business and the materials are as nice the competitions' except for perhaps Audi. Acura has the other automakers covered in my book.
I love Honda's Super Handling All-Wheel Drive system (I wish Honda could come up with a cooler name, but the system is terrific). In the middle of a wet corner, you can jump on the gas and the car will just track around. It seems the harder one pushes the car, the better it works, though I question how many owners will get the car to a cornering level where the system's benefits can really be felt. The whole driving experience is creamy smooth.
I turned off the collision-warning control that, when it senses a possible crash, taps the brakes and cinches the belt. It bugged me. The distance-measuring cruise control drove me nuts, too. I hate those systems.
MANAGING EDITOR ROGER HART:
This is one of the sleeper cars in the mid-level (if $50 grand is mid-level) luxury category. The powertrain is super smooth, the handling is very good for an AWD car, and the overall comfort level--from the seats to the ride--is very, very good. Honda has taken some due criticism for the styling of its cars, and this thing has a face that only its mother could really love. But luckily, you can't see the outside while driving the car, and driving it is where the real pleasure is.
2009 Acura RL with Technology and CMBS/ACC Packages
In Fleet: Feb. 6-20
Base Price: $54,860
As-Tested Price: $54,860
Drivetrain: 3.7-liter V6; AWD, five-speed automatic
Output: 300 hp @ 6,300 rpm, 271 lb-ft @ 5,000 rpm
Curb Weight: 4,110 lb
Fuel Economy: (EPA/AW) 18/18.7 mpg

0 comments:

แสดงความคิดเห็น

BMW GINA Light Visionary Model: Premiere