2552-10-12

2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE



2009 Land Rover LR2 HSEIN FLEET: July 28-Aug. 11AS-TESTED PRICE: $43,600DRIVETRAIN: 3.2-liter I6; 4WD, six-speed automaticOUTPUT: 230 hp @ 6,300 rpm, 234 lb-ft @ 3,200 rpmCURB WEIGHT: 4,255 lbFUEL ECONOMY (EPA/AW): 18/18.2 mpg
MANAGING EDITOR ROGER HART: I was surprised at how much I liked this little Land Rover. It has a clean design inside and out, and the driving experience was quite nice. The seats are comfortable, and even with most of the roof taken up by glass, the A/C kept the cabin really cool. The straight-six is strong, with enough oomph to keep things interesting. Considering this little ute’s off-road capabilities, the on-road ride was OK. The audio system is one of the best I’ve heard in a small SUV. On the downside, this is a small ute. There’s not a ton of rear-seat space, and if you have any cargo to haul, there’s not much room behind the seats.
MOTORSPORTS EDITOR MAC MORRISON: I tend to find most Land Rovers to be overpriced dealers’ dreams, but the LR2 was a surprise. While I don’t think I could ever justify spending this kind of money on a small SUV, the ride is more comfortable than I expected, and the suspension and steering give a feeling of stability that wasn’t always there on earlier LRs. Power and torque leave some-thing to be desired, however, and I am in-different about the styling. The exterior reminded me of a fancied-up Ford Escape.
SENIOR WEB REPORTER GREG MIGLIORE: This grew on me. The styling sets it apart from most compact utes, and the interior is comfortable but still rugged in a semiluxurious way. Acceleration is good on the highway. It’s a bigger ride but not mammoth. You get a good view of the road, and some will like the image the LR brand conveys. That said, this is one expensive ride, and there are a lot of vehicles you could get for the price.

0 comments:

แสดงความคิดเห็น

BMW GINA Light Visionary Model: Premiere